My Final Thoughts

The above photograph shows my “Image of Research”, which is a holistic visual representation that sums up my research here in Ireland.  Over the past five weeks of committing to research in Dublin at the University College Dublin (UCD) and throughout the city, I have been fortunate enough to become immersed in the dance community by building rapport, and establishing relationships.

This image represents the connections I created within the Irish dance community that translated into generous amounts of opportunities to explore and commit to my research.  If it weren’t for the people I met along the way I would have never been able to take this image, or conduct my final project on photo elicitation.  This photograph was one of the six images I decided to show the participants in my interviews, and without this image and five others, it would’ve been impossible to complete the work I ended up doing.

Thank you…

I cannot thank the Irish dance community enough for allowing Tina, Lauren and myself to both observe and participate among them in their dance classes and events.  Their kind heartiness has allowed me to learn so much in just a short amount of time.  Researching dance in Dublin has given me a whole new appreciation for the performing arts that will travel back with me to the United States.  Cheers and…

… Sláinte!