FullSizeRender-2

Returning Home

I definitely do not want to forget the time a group of us thought we were in Tarragona, but after going out to eat and asking the waiter where the Amphitheater was and he answered “in Tarragona.” We eventually learned we were actually in Sant Vicenç de Calders.

What made me laugh out loud was when we had “dinner theater” and Susy would mimic us and it was spot on.

What brought tears to my eyes was when I began to become home sick and just started to think about everything I am missing.

My biggest cultural gaffe is not knowing Catalan and assuming everyone understood Spanish

My biggest cultural success was allowing myself to try new foods that I would have never back at home.

About Going Home

The five things I believe I will miss most from abroad once I have returned home are: the family I have formed here; going to so many different beaches; seeing Sagrada Familia every day; traveling to other countries; menu of the day

The five things that I have missed the most about home since I have been abroad are: free tap water; my family; having AC; not worrying about how much food we need to survive the week; cook outs.

Beyond Study Abroad:

One thing I learned that I will definitely use in my future courses is that no task is too large to accomplish as long as I set my mind to it.

Two professional/academic skills I developed during the program that will help me in my courses are: communication, without it I would not have been able to accomplish as much as I have; gumption, without taking initiative in times of need and without taking a risk I believe projects would not have been done efficiently.

One thing I learned that I will definitely use in my future courses is to never take a class for granted. So much can be learned if I think analytically and not just memorize a textbook.