Sometimes you have to look at things from other’s perspective to appreciate what you have. Our first assignment has taught me the same. We were given a list of famous landmarks in Chicago to take selfies with. Well, I didn’t think my day in the city would be any different than it had been in the past 20 years. Little did I know, I saw Chicago in a way that I had never seen before. I was a tourist for the first time. This made me realize that as a chicagoan I have overlooked the famous landmarks in the city that the tourist come to visit. This experience has given me an insight on my journey in Barcelona as a visitor.

Marc Chagall’s Four Season right across the bus stop in front of The Pete’s Coffee on Dearborn st. from where I have been getting on my bus for past 2 years.

The Picasso by Pablo Picasso right here at The Daley Plaza. I’ve passed through here many times by walking, driving or on the bus.

Located in the loop between two skyscrapers was this 39 feet tall sculpture by Joan Miro.

Now this one was difficult to take selfie with. This is Chicago Bronze Cow located in front of the Chicago Cultural Center.

The Cloud Gate, famously known as The Bean located in Millennium Park.

Selfie in front of The Bean with a really nice girl who was visiting the city with her friends for Memorial Day.

The Lion outside The Art Institute on Michigan Ave. seemed busy taking pictures with everyone on Memorial Day but I finally got my turn to take selfie.

A selfie with Michael Jordan Statue, officially known as The Spirit located in United Center.

Wrigley Field stadium of the baseball team Chicago Cubs who are recent world series champions.

The Buckingham Fountain located in Grant Park was our last place to cool down after all day in the sun.