The purpose of this project was to go around to different locations throughout the city of Chicago and take selfies. I did this with two other students who will be studying abroad with me, Ellen Woodcock and Melyssa Pham. We decided to start our route near UIC at the United Center and finish in Little Italy near UIC. Doing this project made me reflect and see how many great things are around our city that we don’t normally notice or take advantage of living in or near Chicago. Also, this is a great way to make ourselves feel like tourists and see how people react to us acting like tourists in preparation for Barcelona.

Micheal Jordan could easily be the face of the United Center. I grew up watching him play with my grandfather who won a free signed jersey.

Clink the link for the newspaper article of my grandfather Bill Koehl 

Fulton Market District is the home to the oldest food marketing district. I pass the Fulton Market District sign everyday on my way to school.

Night of my senior prom a group of friends and I took photos in this very spot. A driver was so distracted by us that he caused an accident (fender bender) on that busy corner. 

While standing outside of Wrigley Field, a couple walked up to me asking if we could take a picture of them. Little did they know, they would be taking a selfie with us!

This is in front of the lion enclosure and there wasn’t a single lion out. Hence the sad look on my face.

Even in the pouring rain you can see beautiful sculptures throughout the city. Henry Moore’s Sun Dial sits outside of the Alder Planetarium in Chicago.

I have been to museum campus many times throughout my life and I have never seen the Replica of Colossal Olmec Head by Ignacio Perez Solano. 

Getting this photo was an adventure itself. After walking around the grounds of the Field Museum we finally found the Totem Poll called Big Beaver. 

The Flamingo by Alexander Calder was great to see on foot. I have always passed in a vehicle and have never realized how big it really is.

The Statue of Joe DiMaggio Statue sits in the center of Little Italy near UIC campus.