For this first project, our goal was to appreciate some of Chicago’s well-known attractions through the eyes of a tourist. Several of the landmarks pictured here are ones I pass en route to work; others were hidden in plain sight. The daily grind has a way of reducing that which surrounds us, magnificent as it may be, to a backdrop. This project created an opportunity for me to fully appreciate what was in front of me, explore less traversed areas, and get to know our great city a little better. Tourist or not, wherever you are, remember to stop and smell the roses!

Beautiful day for a stroll in Grant Park! Here I am in front of Buckingham Fountain

Miro’s sculpture is tucked away off Washington across from the Daley Plaza between what appeared to be a temple and a county building

Majestic twin lion sculptures greet you outside the entrance of the Art Institute on Michigan Ave

Pictured is me with Picasso’s unnamed sculpture, sitting proudly in the heart of Daley Plaza downtown Chicago

Cloud Gate, affectionately known as “The Bean”, sits in the plaza of Millennium Park next to the Jay Pritzker Pavillon downtown Chicago

The last time I was in Wrigleyville, it was the night the Cubs won the 2016 World Series. Proud night for Cubs fans all over! 

Smiles all around! I snapped this photo with an unnamed stranger in front of “The Bean”

Here I am with Calder’s “Flamingo” on Dearborn between Adams and Jackson

This Bronze Cow statue outside Chicago’s Cultural Center at Washington and Michigan Ave is a hotspot for tourists

Here I am in front of the West Loop’s pastel neon Fulton Market District sign