LOCATION: BARCELONA, SPAIN

TIME: 16:20

MISSION: ARRIVE AT NATIONAL ART MUSEUM OF CATALONIA PROMPTLY

PARTNERS: EDDIE, ASHA, SHAILJA

Briskly walking through the narrow streets of Barcelona trying to arrive at our designated destination on time was, to say the least, a calf workout. Was it my new, minimalist Merrell shoes, was it taking several wrong turns, a combination of both…? What I know is that if we had taken a bus we would NOT have seen a Middle Eastern neighborhood, we would NOT have experienced a quiet Barcelonian street, and we would NOT have made as much of those calf gains. However after making so many wrong turns we consulted my guardian angel, GPS, that guided us to Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya. A million kilometers later, looking past the ripening orange tree branches I saw the destination. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Our time at the museum convinced me that this study abroad program is not about Mood, Movement and Mediterranean Diet. I came to this conclusion while analyzing Joan Ponç’s Green Devil. This program uses the concepts of mood, movement, and diet to teach the students lifelong ways of learning using the surroundings, the classroom, and the people around us. Wait for us, we’ll be back with the skills to conquer missions of all kind. #NINJAS

Adoració dels pastors by Taller dels germans Serra. Ahhhh a reminder of my Florentine Art History course…However after a thorough group examination of this piece THE INTERPRETATIONS HAD LITTLE TO DO WITH ART and EVERYTHING TO DO WITH OUR BIASES. Each person noticed something different. Moral of the story: each person has a unique bias(not a bad thing) because of his/her past experiences.

La catedral dels pobres by Joaquim Mir. I was randomly selected to describe the factual details of this painting to a group of classmates that were standing with their eyes closed all holding hands. The love was real :). When asked to formulate a story from my description, each person had a individual take. Once again, it was proved that everybody perceives things differently. But I also discovered that in order to make what I was thinking clear, YOU GOTTA WORK THAT CONFIDENCE!

Dimoni verd by Joan Ponç (painting at top). Round 2 of learning about CONFIDENCE. The task: describe a painting that you have never seen before in under 1 minute introducing yourself as Expert, Dr. Expert.

PHOTOS FOR YOUR/MY ENJOYMENT: