This beautiful picture of the garden within Antic Hospital De La Santa Creu, represents the nature within the city which we don’t see much of in Chicago.

The first walking tour was with a large group. I feel at the 4 stops we chose to reflect at, we were able to reflect on ourselves in regards to our surrounds the most. The purpose of the exercise may have been to think about the design of Barcelona, but it created visual landmarks for me to become more accustomed to the city.

As my partner Felix and I followed our own path, we decided to let ourselves get lost, and discovered a labor union’s protest.

The next walking tour was in partners. My partner Felix and I differ heavily in personality: I’m a person who needs a plan, and Felix can do things in the spur of the moment. We began where we both had not been before, and began our route. Our efficiency in direction, gave us time to spare. Felix handed me the map and asked where I wanted to go. I was hesitant as I did not want to cause problems on our assignment with getting us lost etc, but I’m so glad we did this. We allowed ourselves to get lost within a reasonable amount of distance of the circle, see different areas, and observe citizens protesting increases taxes when the amount of income they make is very low.

As we approached our second stop, a man approached us on the Ronda del San Antoni to ask if we needed help.

Chicago and Barcelona may differ in various ways, but I will always admire the components which make them good places to live. I have very few restrictions in Spain, and that allows me to be free, but the Chicago keeps me on a set path which in some ways can reduce stress. In both places, there tends to be friendly people, and the designs are efficient in each of their ways. Overall, the walking experiences in both group and partnerships were necessary, and I guess my only question is, am I doing this on my own soon?