Cost Brava, a magical place you see in the movies that you would think is photo edited, but it is not! Costa Brava is one of the best places I have yet visited. Beautiful beaches and an amazing hike that will literally leave you breathless, and it is worth every second. Starting the day at Costa Brava was very exciting, I was not expecting to see such amazing beaches. Once we got there, we explored the small fishermen’s village before hiking to the beach. Our great tour guide Layla explained to us about the diet and the luxury of eating sea urchins.It surprised me how much the fishermen care about sustaining the existence of sea urchins, that it has become a law to only eat them from the months of January to March.

Looking at the beach from above, the higher I hiked, the better the view got

Swimming at the beach was such an amazing experience and it felt great after a good hike. The nature of Costa Brave is simply beautiful and even though the hike was tiring, I felt very motivated by nature to keep going. Hiking at Costa Brava was a challenge, and I saw it a life metaphor; the higher you hike, the better the scenery gets!

Clean beaches, shows how much the community cares about sustainability

This mesmerizing expectancy is a lot like the opportunity I have been given to advance to the next stage in my life. Dr. Jeffrey Martin is a professor at Wayne-State University who is a researcher who studies exercise psychology; In February 2016, I presented my research related to Dr. Martin’s field and after the presentation of my work, he offered me the chance to join his team with a full paid tuition scholarship to complete my Ph.D. I was quickly reminded how powerful unexpected events can be and how like Costa Brava, can take your breath away. Later that day, we sailed in the Mediterranean Sea. I was given the chance to control boat’s direction. Steering the boat and controlling its direction which is how I should feel my as I live my life. I believe everyone should control their lives, but do not or cannot. I always think back to how my life would have turned out if my step-mother had never adopted me and never came to America. If I would have stayed and grown up in the Middle East, I would not have had the chance to continue my education, to grow up without the obligation of being in an arranged marriage, and possibly have children by the age of 19 years old. In a way, I thank my biological family for giving me up and not knowing that I would have made the best of their selfish decision. Today, thanking many family members, and most importantly my step-mother for giving me this second chance at a better life, chance for me to control and steer my life in the direction I want it to go.

Steering the boat’s direction

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor – Mark Twain

Sea water is as clear as crystal

Great day at Costa Brava with a few friends

I would love to visit Costa Brava again in the future, it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to and had the best experiences.

Hidden beaches all around the coast