Have you found yourself? No, not metaphorically, but seriously… have you found what makes feel so alive, so happy you could fly?

I have a hobby that might seem strange to some, which is the practice of lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming and self-realization are when you are fully aware and conscious in your dream that you can control it. The most common goal for lucid dreaming is to be able to fly and soar the skies, and I am very happy to say that I have reached that point in my practice to be able to fly.

Watching the sunrise from the top of Mount. Tibidabo

Flying in your dreams is the most amazing feeling a person can experience, at least for me it is. When I fly in my dreams I feel free, so free that I get emotionally overwhelmed just thinking about it. Anyways, I hope to have captured the idea and some of the emotions I am trying to express.

Now, in reality and not in a dream.

My mountain bike

I found what makes me feel as alive as I could have ever felt when I fly in my dreams, which is mountain biking. About 13 years ago I got my first bike and I fell in love with biking ever since. Until today, I have my bike that I treat as if it were my other half, it has become such a big part of my life and personality, I cannot imagine how my life would be without it.

Biking with the city on one side the mountain on the other side

I have been in Barcelona for a whole month now, meaning I have not been around my bike for that long and I can feel that missing void. A few days ago, I was searching for activities to do around Barcelona and I stumbled upon a mountain biking activity, I did not think twice about it and signed up that very second. The day before the mountain biking, I met with my guide, Anna, she gave me my biking equipment and I immediately felt so much excitement and joy. After I ran back to my apartment, got there and threw my back bag on the floor and immediately tried on my biking clothes, and that when I saw myself in the mirror, I could not stop smiling. That night I felt like a little kid who could not sleep from excitement for the morning the night before Christmas. The next morning, I got up, got dressed and headed out to meet Anna and Ignasi (Anna’s friend). We headed to the top of Mount Tibidabo, where we enjoyed watching the sunrise over Barcelona. After, we drove to a side of the mountain where we could start our biking.

Soaring through the road

I am on my bike, feeling like myself again. We started our trail biking up the mountain to reach the biking route. Biking up the mountain was the hardest physical activity I have ever done, it was more difficult than hiking Montserrat. After reaching the top, the view of the city was breathtaking, the sun slowly rising and shining across Barcelona. We continued the route for a few more miles. Riding on a route where you have the whole view of the city on one side and beautiful nature on the other side was a divine feeling.

The route I biked

Now for the best feeling I have experienced, we reached the end of our route and now it was time to ride down the mountain. I have never experienced such an adrenaline rush through my body as I did when I was gliding down the mountain. Just imagine, my bike and I became one, riding down the mountain at about 30mph, racing against the wind, and risking my chances of riding off the edge. Finally, I have found myself flying and soaring through the skies in real life and not in my dreams. I have never felt so alive, so happy, and so overjoyed, it was an amazing celestial feeling. At that moment, I felt in control, I felt pure joy, in a spiritual way, I found myself.

The perfect shadow

At one point during the bike, I slipped and fell over on my knee which I hurt. When I fell and hurt my knee, I did not feel pain, in fact I was happy, so happy that I wish my cuts and bruises would scar and last forever. It might sound odd that I wished for that but, that shows how much I enjoyed that day, I would want to look back on the scars from the day I felt pure joy.

My knee with the cuts and bruises after I slipped

After the day ended, I went back to my apartment and laid in bed and just thought to myself, this is what I want to do for the rest of my life, this is what makes me feel alive. This experience is where I found myself. I have discovered how to make my dreams come true.

Watching the sunrise break through the clouds

PHOTO CREDITS – IGNASI PRATS