It felt comforting and heartwarming as I interacted with the young calfs.

Visiting the dairy and apiculture farm was a treat to experience as I use both products daily. We started the excursion by visiting an organic dairy farm. I loved the calf as they were adorable, listening to them “moo” and having them nibble my hand warmed my heart.

Listening to her story of how she gave up her life as a journalist to become a farmer made me respect her even more as she pursued her passion.

During the tour, Ana, the dairy farmer, explained how the milk is produced. It was interesting to listen to her as every procedure had a valid explanation of how it fits within the production. Her explanation of separating the calf from the mother, the chemistry behind milking, compost, and the hay, as well as the economic thought of money and production, really showed her passion as a dairy farmer.

Finding the Queen bee from the swarm of bees.

Ramon and his apiculture farm were no different from Ana’s tour. His explanation on how honey was made blew my mind. Him knowing the different jobs of all the bees, the queen selection process, and the production of honey kept me focused and attentive as I was also amazed by the process.

The excursion of the dairy and apiculture gave me a good perspective of how much farmers need to know their products and their field of work. Even with the wine and olive oil excursion, both

The bees in its natural habitat, as Ramon shows us both natural and artificial bee hives.

Albert and Antonio were experts in their field. It is fascinating to see how much knowledge they know. I feel that it is their passion that gives them the drive to learn more and strive for better. What I mostly got out of the excursion was how they pass their knowledge to the new generation.

I love her happiness and passion as she explains to us the importance of keeping the hay packed.

Both Ana and Ramon are very active in educating nearby schools of milk and honey to let them know where their food is coming from.

The Importance of Knowing Knowledge

Ramon loves to teach children about apiculture so much that he uses a picture of them to brand his honey.

Being knowledgeable and having the access to information is one of the most powerful tools in today’s society.  I remember our professor, John Columbe-Lilley, mentioning in class about the responsibility that people have when they have access to information that is not known. With the given information, we have the responsibility to either make use of the information to improve the world or to educate the next generation so they can be inspired to learn and, later on, make a new discovery. This also keeps the tradition alive as it is important to preserve culture and traditions so it would not be lost.  As the world is rapidly improving, there is new information being discovered and old information to be forgotten. It is crucial to share our findings and wisdom to others as it will help people understand the world they live in.