I started the weekend by hiking up a valley to get to Vall de Nuria. This was just one of many amazing views that made the journey worth it.

Last Saturday was about to be the most adventurous day in my life so far. This sign marks the beginning of a rough path up to Puigmal.

I couldn’t believe I wasn’t staring at a painting. The landscape was so beautiful, and if a train went up to this spot I would definitely go there again.

This was my first time on top of a mountain, and I was so happy that I actually made it up there. This was my view of France from Puigmal.

This was one of the most physically exhausting things I’ve ever put myself through. I felt so grateful that I didn’t turn around before getting to the top and for the opportunity to hike to France.

On Sunday, I voluntarily hiked back down the valley to catch a train to Barcelona. I don’t think the pain from the day before had set in yet, so I thought this was a great idea. My knees paid the price Monday and Tuesday this week, but it was well worth it.

I hiked to Puigmal, the highest peak in the Eastern Pyrenees, over the weekend and I’ve officially been cured from my mountaineering curiosity. By cured, I mean I will probably avoid climbing mountains for a very long time. This was a very rewarding experience and I don’t regret any of it for a second, but I also don’t feel the need to go through it again. I felt accomplished at the end of our journey and I was proud of myself for not quitting. At the same time, I missed the beach and wanted to go to sleep for days. I’ve always wondered if I was the ‘climbing mountains’ type person, because I know a lot of other people who are and I’ve never tried it before. I’m very happy to have satisfied this desire, and now that I tried it I can officially say that it’s not really me. I love that I’ve been able to test myself and figure out what I want, my likes, my dislikes, and who I am during this program. It would’ve taken me years, if not decades, to experience everything I’ve done in the last five weeks.