- My major is Kinesiology with a concentration in Movement Science.
What are your career goals?
- I’m aspiring to work in CAM and/or functional medicine as a healthcare provider.
What made you choose this study abroad course?
- As a healthcare provider it is important to understand how an individual’s health is influenced by their physical activity, diet, and emotional well-being; This program invited a unique opportunity to immerse ourselves in a notoriously healthy community and to conduct research concerning their lifestyle practices based on what we observe.
What are your goals for your study abroad experience?
- I would like to develop a greater cross-cultural appreciation. I am curious as to whether our decisions concerning our health are primarily self-guided or more influenced by culture or community, and if so, the ways in which their community supports or opposes healthy individual lifestyles. Another question regarding health I’d like to answer is whether achieving health is a matter of economics, geography, genetics? And which influences the other more? I’d also like to see what is done well and what could use improvement. Based on the data we collect, I would like to introduce ways to better support healthy lifestyles in American communities that make it easier for Americans to lead happier, more fulfilling lives.
At the end of the program, what memories do you want to take with you?
- Something I am really looking forward to is learning about farming and agriculture practices in Barcelona. Finding produce that is affordable, locally sourced, good for the environment and good for you is a great accomplishment here. I hope that is something we can someday change about American farming practices. I am also really looking forward to hiking Montserrat and Costa Brava, simply being a witness to the beauty of Barcelona that I’ve heard so much about, and getting the experience of what it’s like to live in another country.
What are your hobbies and interests?
- I love playing music! I play cello and ukelele currently. I also love traveling, writing and reading.
What is a fun fact not many people know about you?
- I am the second oldest of five!