- Kinesiology- exercise health and science
What are your career goals?
- My goals to advance my career are to explore to grow in my field and learn new things that will benefit my career and everyone associated with it.
What made you choose this study abroad course?
- I am interested in this study abroad program because it give me an opportunity to explore my curiosity and learn about new culture and food.
What are your goals for your study abroad experience?
- My goals for this program is to make the most out of this opportunity to grow as a person and learn something that I can take back home to use the knowledge gained.
At the end of the program, what memories do you want to take with you?
- I want to remember the times spent together with every member in this program. I want to be able to take back everything we would learn throughout the journey.
What are your hobbies and interests?
- I love reading and dancing.
What is a fun fact not many people know about you?
- I learned to play piano in fourth grade for 6 months.
What is the title of your project?
- Culture influence on lifestyle and its correlation with health risks and diseases.
- Effect of Mediterranean diet on oral health.
What do you think you will be doing in Barcelona (research-wise)?
- Gathering data through pictures and interviews, literature reviews
- Learning about Mediterranean diet and ingredients, how its prepared.
What is the outcome of your work?
- We would get a better understanding of how some cultures have more risk for a certain disease vs. other culture (ex. Diabetes and cholesterol) and it would help them get a better control over a disease in the future.
- This help people better understand how some diet can affect a person’s oral health.