- Sociology with a minor in Linguistics
What are your career goals?
- I’m still undecided. I’ve considered, a lot actually, to pursue international affairs. I know I want to work with students in some way to expand their educational experience by getting them to travel and see the world in the way I have.
What made you choose this study abroad course?
- What made me choose this study abroad course was the variety within the program. For example, how active we will be throughout our stay, the amount of people going, and of course, the location. Spain has always been on my bucket list and the fact that we get the weekends to adventure, gives me more opportunities to explore outside of Spain.
What are your goals for your study abroad experience?
- My goals for my study abroad experience are to immerse myself 100%; in the culture, language and community. Above all, challenge myself to really step out of my comfort zone. Furthermore, I want to experience new ways of engaging myself in an educational aspect, and being aware of new ways to learn besides sitting in a classroom and listening to a lecture.
At the end of the program, what memories do you want to take with you?
- The memories I want to take with me are the many shared laughs and experiences that I will be creating with the group. Also, the variety of interactions that I will come across with many different people while abroad.
What are your hobbies and interests?
- My hobbies and interests include dancing, traveling, running, language, people watching, photography, and spending time with my family.
What is a fun fact not many people know about you?
- A fun fact not many people know about me is that I’ve ran 7 half marathons.
What is the title of your project?
- The title of my project is still undecided.
What do you think you will be doing in Barcelona (research-wise)?
- I think I will be interviewing people within the LGBTQ community. Also, taking lots of pictures and videos to tell a story through them. Professor Coumbe-Lilley mentioned a parade, something similar to pride parade in Chicago I believe, that I would like to attend to include in my study.
What is the outcome of your work?
- The outcome of my work will be a sort of documentary/video looking at the LGBTQ community in Spain. I don’t have enough information on my study, yet, but what I’ve briefly discussed with Professor Coumbe-Lilley is that I will be analyzing their behaviors, moods (to relate it to the program) and how coming out has affected them socially and psychologically.