- I am a kinesiology major with an Exercise Science and Health Promotion concentration.
What are your career goals?
- My career goal is to get accepted into Physical Therapy school, graduate from Physical Therapy school, work as a Physical Therapist for at least five years, and hopefully one day open up my own practice of Physical Therapy.
What made you choose this study abroad course?
- I chose this study abroad program because the name Mood, Movement, and the Mediterranean Diet really stuck out to me and I really wanted to learn all about it. Also when I saw the brochure while I was in my advisor’s office, she really encouraged me to look into studying abroad and said that this program will also fulfill your requirement for KN 335. I also chose this because I want to work Dr. John Coumbe-Lilley as he is very passionate about exercise psychology.
What are your goals for your study abroad experience?
- My goal for this study abroad experience is to feel comfortable doing things that I never thought I would feel comfortable doing. For example, I am always a little scared to engage in water activities or anything that involves swimming, because I never really learned how to properly swim. Also my goal for this study abroad experience is to get to know everybody who is part of the program because I really believe in networking with other people because it’s always good to know people that are pursuing something different than me.
At the end of the program, what memories do you want to take with you?
- At the end of the program, I want to take all of the memories because I know everything that I will experience will be memorable. I want to remember my experience when we visit the Montserrat Monastery, costa brava, and the Barcelona neighborhood walks that I will take to explore the amazing city.
What are your hobbies and interests?
- Some of my hobbies include: playing recreational basketball, working out, and doing different types of outdoor activities like hiking, biking and canoeing. I also enjoy watching movies and catching up on my tv shows.
What is a fun fact not many people know about you?
- Fun fact not a lot of people know about me is that I have a pet parrot (gold and blue macaw) and it mimics my name.